Error 1920: QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start
This article contains information that shows you how to fix QuickBooks database installation error 1920. When installing either the QuickBooks Desktop or a program update and this type of error is displayed, the installation rolls back and exits.
The error arises because the QuickBooks Database Manager scans installed hard drives for company files in order to create a connection to those files. Because the service tries to access a drive on the desktop and was unable to, it cannot start correctly.
See also: QuickBooks 1099 wizard
How to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920
- Rename a QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- First of all, open your QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
- After that, press F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard, to open the Product Information
- After that, note the location of the company file listed in the File Information
Note: If the filename is too long, it will appear with an ellipsis. However, the filename to display the full name.
- After that, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, navigate to the location of the company file.
- For Windows 10, 8.1 and 8: Right-click the Windows Start button and select File Explorer.
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click the Windows Start button and select Open Windows Explorer.
- After that, right-click the file and choose Rename.
- Type the new company file name and press Enter. If Windows prompts you to confirm the action, click Yes.
Use Windows Explorer to find and rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of Windows
|Windows 10/8/7||Windows Vista|
|C:\Program Data\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Intuit|
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|