In today’s article, we will discuss how to install/uninstall the plugin on QuickBooks Desktop. The Tax1099.com QuickBooks Desktop plugin didn’t update plugin automatically. With the latest QuickBooks version, 1.5.2, as of November 2016, it will.
Anyone with the older version installed should complete the steps below to uninstall the old version and install the new one. Subsequent updates will load automatically with the new version of the plugin.
Our plugin works with versions as far back as 2010 and up to 2015, 2016,2017 Accountant and Enterprise.
Note: If your QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or through a hosting company. You may need to see your IT person. Or hosting company to complete these processes
Read more: QuickBooks 1099 wizard
How to install/uninstall the Plugin in QuickBooks Desktop
Verify Version of Plugin
- First of all, In QuickBooks Desktop main menu, click on Vendors > com E-File > About
- If Version 1.5.2 is shown. You have the latest version and don’t need to reinstall.
Uninstall the Plugin
- First of all, navigate to your desktop Add/Remove Program or Apps & Features page.
- You can view this by going to Home > Settings > Apps and Features in Windows.
- After that, search the program or app named QB Plugin and QBFC Plugin.
- Then, click or right-click on the program/app named QB Plugin and QBFC Plugin and then select “Uninstall.”
- After that, confirm that you want to uninstall the program/app in the pop-up window.
- When uninstalling complete, you will receive a message. The program/app has been uninstalled.
Download the Plugin
- First of all, you need to deactivate the antivirus/firewall system temporarily while downloading.
- After that, sign into Tax1099.com.
- After that, navigate to Import > QuickBooks Desktop on the left menu.
- Then, click QuickBooks Desktop Plugin.
- After that, use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plugin and the executable (.exe) file that will install the plugin.
Install the Plugin
- First of all, close any QuickBooks Desktop application that you have open before installing.
- After that, disable the antivirus/network firewall program while installing the plugin.
- Then, extract/Unzip the files you downloaded.
- After that, Double-click the .exe file to install the plugin. If you have Windows 7 or Vista operating systems, you will need to right-click the .exe file and use “Run as administrator” to install the plugin.
- After that, follow the prompts to install the plugin. Images are included in the pdf file that was part of the zip file you downloaded.
- After that, right-click QuickBooks and choose “Run as administrator.”
- On the certificate pop up choose the 3rd option (Yes, whenever the Quickbooks company file is open) and check the box next to Allow this application to access personal data…
- That completes the installation of the plugin.
- Activate the antivirus/network firewall.